Sussex-Wantage PTO Mission Statement:
- To mobilize and support parents, teachers and students in Sussex- Wantage in order to benefit our schools.
- To serve as a communication link between Sussex-Wantage Schools and the community in order to promote a positive school/community relationship that will enhance the students’ educational and community environment and experience.
- To enhance the educational outcomes of Sussex-Wantage students by fostering support for the school’s educational objectives.
- To enhance the educational facilities and opportunities for Sussex-Wantage students and staff which are not otherwise provided for in the school’s budget.
- This Mission is to be carried out through volunteerism and fund raising on behalf of the parents, students and staff of the Sussex-Wantage School District.
School and Community Support
The Sussex-Wantage PTO provides support for the entire school community! We are committed to providing opportunities for school families to bond and socialize.
Throughout each school year the SWPTO organizes several fundraisers. The monies raised are used to purchase items and fund programs that support the curriculum and benefit every student. Your support is essential to our funding of these grants. We hope you will be able to take part in one or more of these fund-raisers throughout the coming year.
PTO funds support many enrichment opportunities for our staff and children. We fund programs for students and support teachers and staff with some of the “extras” for the classroom that they can’t fit into their budget.
Each spring the PTO awards $500 scholarships to two high school seniors who display a significant interest in their community while performing exceptionally well with their studies and extracurricular activities.